Friday, March 15, 2013

Long break, short post

Sooooo it's been, well, a while, since I blogged. I got busy with work, my nutrition diploma and just generally enjoying life. Oh, and I am having a baby! More on that in my next post but in summary, I have lost my food mojo a bit so not really had anything foodie that was new or interesting to post about!
Today's blog is just to get me going again so it's a short one. Enjoy!

Avocado 2 ways

Avo-nana
I saw this on a segment on Stephen and Chris recently. They were doing a feature on making your own homemade baby food. 
 1 Ripe avocado
1 ripe banana

Mash together! A quick, healthy snack on the go that works for babies and adults alike. I was skeptical but it just tastes like a richer banana that is moderately sweet.

Mexi-mix
1/2 avocado
1-2 tbsp salsa

This one I saw posted on a pregnancy forum where people were discussing easy, portable, healthy snacks.
Mash up the avocado still in the skin. Mix in the salsa, and serve! I tried this with lunch today and enjoyed it very much, will do again for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment